Shade Sandbox is an alternative sandboxing solution for Windows. Testing in Sandbox proactively detects malware, and you can run any malicious code in a safe and separate environment to notice code behavior and output activity. Traditionally used security measure only identifies the known instances of malware whereas; SHADE Sandbox adds another layer of security.
How to backup and restore Shade using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Shade, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Shade is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Shade plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Shade, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Shade backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Shade. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Shade files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Shade and the Shade plugin from here: Shade backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Shade plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Config data files
- Registry settings