This article will show you how to download, install and use backup plugins in Backup4all. There are currently over 100 free backup plugins that you can load in Backup4all and easily back-up specific apps and data sets. You can also create your own backup plugins using the Plugin Creator.
On this page:
How to download and install plugins
You can view a list of all the plugins and download specific ones from within Backup4all. Here's how you can see a list of all plugins and download/install the ones you need:
- Go to File -> Tools -> Plugins.
- Click on Refresh plugin list to get the latest list of plugins available.
- Select the plugin you want to install and press Install.
- Optionally, if you have created your own backup plugin you can click on the Load plugin... button and select the XML file.
Create a backup job using a backup plugin
After the backup plugin is installed, a new entry will show up inthe Predefined Backup drop-down list of Backup4all.
Follow these steps to create a new backup job based on this plugin:
- Click on File -> New Backup or press Ctrl+N to start a new backup.
- On the first page enter a name for the backup in the Name field.
- Select a destination for the backup and press Next.
- From the Selection of files and folders drop-down list, select the newly installed plugin. If you just installed the plugin, it will be shown at the end of the list.
- You will see a list of the items to be backed up. You can clear (un-check) the items that you do not want to back up. Press Next.
- On the next page, select the backup type: Smart, Full, Differential, Incremental or Mirror. Press Next.
- Use this page if you want to schedule the backup job to run automatically, otherwise press Save to exit the wizard. You can also choose Save and run to execute the backup job automatically.
Note: You cannot add or remove source files and folders from a backup job created with a backup plugin. You can only uncheck the source files you don't want to back-up.
If you are looking to create your own backup plugins, see this article for a tutorial in doing so: How to create a backup plugin