About FileZilla Client
There are two versions of FileZilla for Windows. The free version lacks all the supported protocols offered by the paid version, but it is likely to be good enough for many users.
How to backup and restore FileZilla Client using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure FileZilla Client, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up FileZilla Client is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the FileZilla Client plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup FileZilla Client, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: FileZilla Client backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up FileZilla Client. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the FileZilla Client files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install FileZilla Client and the FileZilla Client plugin from here: FileZilla Client backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the FileZilla Client plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Configuration files