About Multi Commander
Multi Commander has everything you need in your daily work with files to increase your speed and efficiency.
It has all the standard features that any file manager has, like copy, move, rename, view. But Multi Commander's big strengths are the special features that allow you to accomplish advanced tasks with ease.
How to backup and restore Multi Commander using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Multi Commander, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Multi Commander is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Multi Commander plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Multi Commander, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Multi Commander backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Multi Commander. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Multi Commander files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Multi Commander and the Multi Commander plugin from here: Multi Commander backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Multi Commander plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- User settings
- Registry settings