About Filezilla server
FileZilla server supports SSL, the same level of encryption supported by your web browser, to protect your data. When using SSL your data is encrypted so that others cannot see it, and your confidential information is protected. It also supports on-the-fly data compression, which can improve the transfer rates.
How to backup and restore Filezilla server using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Filezilla server, its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up Filezilla server is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Filezilla server plugin, will allow you to back-up the application files and registry entries.
In order to backup Filezilla server, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Filezilla server backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Filezilla server. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article: http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Filezilla server files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Filezilla server and the Filezilla server plugin from here: Filezilla server backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Filezilla server plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Files: %programfiles%\FileZilla Server\
- HKCU\Software\FileZilla Server
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\FileZilla Server
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FileZilla Server