When backing up using Backup4all, if the destination drive crashes, you can move the backups in destination to another hard drive, then continue the backups to the new hard drive.
On this page:
How to move the backup when the old drive can be accessed
If the destination drive can still be accessed, you need to move the files in destination to another drive and continue the backups there. Steps to follow:
- Move the backup destination folder and catalog in destination to another drive.
- Delete the backup job from Backup4all.
- Open the .bkc catalog file from the new drive, where you moved the backup. This way, the backup job will be recreated in Backup4all with the new drive letter destination.
How to move the backup when the old drive cannot be accessed
If the destination drive cannot be accessed anymore, you need to start the backup from the beginning. If you want to start it on another drive letter, you just need to follow these steps:
- Open Backup Properties -> Destination.
- Select another destination drive.
- Press Save.
- A warning message will appear that the backup catalog will be deleted. Press OK to continue.
Backup4all 5.x - 8.x