QuickBooks accounting software provides tools to manage your customers, vendors, clients, inventory and finances.
How to backup and restore QuickBooks using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed QuickBooks, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up QuickBooks data is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the QuickBooks plugin will let you back-up the registry entries.
In order to backup QuickBooks, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: QuickBooks backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up QuickBooks. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the QuickBooks files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install QuickBooks and the QuickBooks plugin from here: QuickBooks backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the QuickBooks plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Configuration files
- User files
- Company data files
- QuickBooks registry entries