OpenToonzis is free to download and fairly easy to install. The interface is clean, but it would be easy for anyone who isn't familiar with computer animation software to be intimidated. After playing around with the features and browsing through the OpenToonz community forum, just about anyone will have a much better idea of how to use it.
How to backup and restore OpenToonz using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure OpenToonz, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up OpenToonz is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the OpenToonz plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup OpenToonz, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: OpenToonz backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up OpenToonz. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the OpenToonz files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install OpenToonz and the OpenToonz plugin from here: OpenToonz backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the OpenToonz plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Program cache file
- Configuration files
- Registry settings