Whether you are a graphic designer, photographer, illustrator, or scientist, GIMP provides you with sophisticated tools to get your job done.
How to backup and restore GIMP using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure GIMP, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up GIMP is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the GIMP plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup GIMP, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: GIMP backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up GIMP. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the GIMP files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install GIMP and the GIMP plugin from here: GIMP backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the GIMP plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Log files
- User setting files
- Registry settings