Every digital certificate has a pair of associated cryptographic keys.
This pair of keys consists of a private key and a public key.
A public key is part of the owner's digital certificate and is available for anyone to use. A private key, however, is protected by and available only to the owner of the key. This limited access ensures that communications that use the key are kept secure.
Create a private-public key pair using Backup4all
Follow these steps to create a private-public key pair using Backup4all:
- Open Backup4all
- Go to Properties (Ctrl+P) -> Destination -> SFTP -> Edit configuration
- Under Private key section, select Key file
- Press Create key pair button
- Type a name for the private key file and press Save
- Enter a password for the private key file and press OK.
- You can see the generated key files (both private and public) in the location specified.
Video Tutorial create private-public key file: