Lumion is 3D rendering software made especially for architects. If you have a 3D model of your design, Lumion can help you bring it to life.
How to backup and restore Lumion using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed Lumion, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up Lumion data is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Lumion plugin will let you back-up the registry entries.
In order to backup Lumion, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Lumion backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Lumion. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the Lumion files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Lumion and the Lumion plugin from here: Lumion backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Lumion plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Configuration files
- Project files
- Lumion registry entries