Box offers secure content management and collaboration for individuals, teams and businesses, enabling secure file sharing and access to your files online.
On this page:
How to set up a new Box account
- Go to <https://app.box.com/signup/n/personal> to create a new free account
- Follow the steps to complete the signup.
How to backup to Box
Steps to follow:
- Open Backup4all and select File -> New (Ctrl+N).
- In the Where do you want to save the backup section, select Box as backup destination.
- Press Choose account. A new window will appear to log on into your Box account, then you have to allow Backup4all application to view and manage the files on Box. Then press Next.
- On the What do you want to backup page, add the backup sources. Press Next.
- On the Filter the backup sources page, you can set include/exclude filters for backup sources. Then press Next.
- On the How do you want to backup page, you can choose the backup type and optionally set the encryption. Press Next.
- On the When do you want to backup page, you can set the backup job to automatically run on the specified time and days.
- On the Personalize your backup job page, enter a name for the backup in the Backup name field.
- Press Save and run.
How to restore from Box
Steps to follow:
- If the backup job does not exist in Backup4all, you must open it from File -> Open from.
- Select Box page. Configure the Box account
- After the Box account was set, press Show to display the backup jobs in destination. Select the catalog you want to open and press Open.
Backup4all will recreate that backup job.
- Open Backup4all and press the Restore (F7) button. Optionally you can select the location you want to restore the files to. Original location is selected by default.
On the same page, you can choose how do you want to restore or you can filter the files before the restore.
If you select to restore from a specific version, press Next to indicate the version or the date you want to restore the files. Press Next
- Press Finish to start the restore process.