Designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible, GnuCash allows you to track bank accounts, stocks, income and expenses. As quick and intuitive to use as a checkbook register, it is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.
How to backup and restore GnuCash using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed GnuCash, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up GnuCash data is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the GnuCash plugin will let you back-up the registry entries.
In order to backup GnuCash, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: GnuCash backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up GnuCash. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the GnuCash files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install GnuCash and the GnuCash plugin from here: GnuCash backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the GnuCash plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- User files
- Graphic configuration files
- GnuCash saved files
- GnuCash registry entries