This article will show you how to back up your Twitter account using Backup4all. The backup will include: Followers, Friends, Favorites, Your Tweets, Direct Messages. You first need to download the Twitter followers, friends, favorites, tweets and direct messages to your computer using Tweetake.
On this page:
You first need to download the Twitter followers, friends, favorites, tweets and direct messages to your computer. After that you need to back up the downloaded files to a safe location using Backup4all.
How to download your Twitter account information
Twitter allows you to download your entire data and once that's downloaded you can back it up using Backup4all.
Follow these steps to download the Twitter files:
- Log into Twitter and go to your Account settings by clicking on the profile icon at the top right of the page
- Select Settings and Privacy from the drop-down menu.
- Next to Your Twitter archive, click the Request your archive button. When your download is ready, you'll receive a push notification and an email.
- After your download is ready, you can click the Download archive button under the Download your data section (in Settings and Privacy).
- You will be asked to save the file ion your computer.
How to back up your Twitter account with Backup4all
You need to create a new backup job in Backup4all and put the downloaded files into the backup sources list of this backup job.
Steps to follow:
- Open Backup4all and select File -> New (Ctrl+N).
- In the Where do you want to save the backup? section, select a backup destination.
- On the What do you want to backup page, select the new folder where you put the Twitter downloaded files. Press Next.
- On the Filter the backup sources page, you can set include/exclude filters for backup sources. Then press Next.
- On the How do you want to backup page, you can choose the backup type and the encryption.
- On the When do you want to backup page, you can set the backup job to automatically run on the specified time and days. Press Next.
- On the Personalize your backup job page, enter a name for the backup in the Backup name field.
- Press Save and run.