Evernote is cross-platform, for Android, iOS, macOS, and Microsoft Windows. It is free to use with monthly usage limits, and offers paid plans for expanded or lifted limits.
The app allows users to create notes, which can be text, drawings, photographs, or saved web content. Notes are stored in notebooks and can be tagged, annotated, edited, searched, given attachments, and exported.
How to backup and restore Evernote using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Evernote, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Evernote is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Evernote plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Evernote, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Evernote backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Evernote. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Evernote files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Evernote and the Evernote plugin from here: Evernote backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Evernote plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Log files
- Registry settings