About EventSentry Light
EventSentry Light will monitor all critical server components, helping thwart outages before they hit your infrastructure. You can also monitor IP-based devices like switches, routers, and Linux/BSD hosts via TCP, PING, and SNMP.
Standing as a guard sentry, you will benefit by receiving critical alerts, and all your logs will be consolidated in one place for quick viewing. You have access to sophisticated rule sets to ensure that only the alerts you need are received.
How to backup and restore EventSentry Light using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed and configured EventSentry Light, it is troublesome to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up EventSentry Light is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the EventSentry Light plugin, will allow you to back-up the application log files and registry entries.
In order to backup EventSentry Light, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: EventSentry Light backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up EventSentry Light. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article: https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the EventSentry Light files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install EventSentry Light and the EventSentry Light plugin from here: EventSentry Light backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the EventSentry Light plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- EventSentry Light backup files: %ProgramW6432%\EventSentryLight\Backups
- EventSentry Light config files: %ProgramW6432%\EventSentryLight\config_assistant
- Registry: HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\netikus.net