About Adobe Photoshop CS5
The newest version of Adobe Photoshop CS5 software was launched on April 12, 2010. It delivers all the state-of-the-art editing, compositing, and painting capabilities in industry-standard Photoshop CS5 plus many tools for 3D and motion editing.
The .PSD (Photoshop Document), Photoshop's native format, stores an image with support for most imaging options available in Photoshop. These include layers with masks, color spaces, ICC profiles, transparency, text, alpha channels and spot colors, clipping paths, and other settings.
Photoshop functionality can be extended by add-on programs called Photoshop plugins (or plug-ins). Some of the plug-ins are created by Adobe itself, but most of them are developed by third-party companies. Most Photoshop plug-ins can only work with Photoshop or Photoshop-compatible hosts, but a few can also be run as standalone applications.
How to backup and restore Adobe Photoshop CS5 using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Adobe Photoshop CS5, its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up Adobe Photoshop CS5 is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Adobe Photoshop CS5 plugin, will allow you to back-up the application setting files and registry entries.
In order to backup Adobe Photoshop CS5, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Adobe Photoshop CS5 backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Adobe Photoshop CS5. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:How to download install and use backup plugins
If you need to restore the Adobe Photoshop CS5 files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Adobe Photoshop CS5 and the Adobe Photoshop CS5 plugin from here: Adobe Photoshop CS5 backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Adobe Photoshop CS5 plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Settings: %appdata%\Adobe\Adobe\Photoshop CS5