How to backup and restore My Pictures using Backup4all plugin
You can back up My Pictures folder in order to have a copy of all Pictures on your computer. It is also useful if you want to move your Pictures to another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up My Pictures folder is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the MyPictures plugin, allows you to back-up specific data files.
In order to backup My Pictures, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: MyPictures backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up My Pictures. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article: How to download, install and use backup plugins
If you need to restore the My Pictures files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install MyPictures plugin from here: MyPictures backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the MyPictures plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- All My Pictures folder data