About Mail App
This software is the Microsoft default mail client in Windows 10. It helps you to read, send, receive and organize the emails.
How to backup and restore Mail App using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed and configured Mail App, it is a bit of a hassle to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up Mail App is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Mail App plugin, will allow you to back-up the application log files and registry entries.
In order to backup Mail App, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Mail App backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Mail App. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Mail App files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Make sure Mail App is installed on that computer. Install Mail App plugin from here: Mail App backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Mail App plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Local files - stored in C:\%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files