Dropbox is the place for your photos, docs, videos, and other files. Files you keep in Dropbox are safely backed up and you can get to them from all your devices.
On this page:
How to set up a new Dropbox account
- Go to <https://www.dropbox.com/>
- Follow the steps to create a new account.
How to backup to Dropbox Steps to follow:
- Open Backup4all and select File -> New (Ctrl+N).
- In the Where do you want to save the backup section, select Dropbox as backup destination.
- Press Choose account. A new window will appear to log on into your Dropbox account, then you have to allow Backup4all application to view and manage the files on Dropbox. Then press Next.
- On the What do you want to backup page, add the backup sources. Press Next.
- On the Filter the backup sources page, you can set include/exclude filters for backup sources. Then press Next.
- On the How do you want to backup page, you can choose the backup type and optionally set the encryption. Press Next.
- On the When do you want to backup page, you can set the backup job to automatically run on the specified time and days.
- On the first page, enter a name for the backup in the Backup Name field.
- Press Save and run.
How to restore from Dropbox Steps to follow:
- If the backup job does not exist in Backup4all, you must open it from File -> Open from.
- Select Dropbox page. Configure the Dropbox account
- After the Dropbox account was set, press Show to display the backup jobs in destination. Select the catalog you want to open and press Open. Backup4all will recreate that backup job.
- Open Backup4all and press the Restore (F7) button. Optionally you can select the location you want to restore the files to. Original location is selected by default. On the same page, you can choose how do you want to restore or you can filter the files before the restore. If you select to restore from a specific version, press Next to indicate the version or the date you want to restore the files. Press Next
- Press Finish to start the restore process.