NOTE: Since Backup4all 6 you can back-up to OneDrive as direct destination. Please refer to this article: How to backup to OneDrive on how to do that. The article below applies to older versions of Backup4all.
The service offers 15 GB of free storage for new users. You can use the space provided to store your backups created by Backup4all. Just back up to the local OneDrive folder and that will be sync with the online storage space. This way you can access the backup from any location and you also have a second backup copy.
How to set up a new OneDrive account
Steps to follow:
- Go to https://onedrive.live.com/ and press the "Sign up" button. 2. Follow the steps to create a new account.
- You will receive a confirmation link on the email address you provided. Click that link in order to activate the account.
- Download and install OneDrive from: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=392253
- During the installation you can indicate the local folder to be sync with Onedrive. By default it is: C:\Users\\<user name>\OneDrive
How to backup to OneDrive
- Download and install Backup4all from here:
- Create a new backup job from File -> New backup.
On the first page, type a name for the backup job and select the OneDrive folder as backup destination. By default it is: C:\Users\\<user name>\OneDrive. Press Next
- On the second page, add the files and folder you want to backup or select a predefined plugin from the list. Press Next
- Select the backp type you want to use. By default, Incremental type is selected. Press Save and run