The Filters page defines files and folders filters to be applied to backup sources. Only files and folders that match the filters will be added to backup.
You can use the Add include and Add exclude buttons to add filter rules for the current backup job.
The system selects only files that match the include filter and do not match the exclude filter. This means the exclude filter is more powerful: if a file satisfies both include and exclude filters, it will be excluded.
Include and exclude filters are composed from filter restrictions. Two or more filter restrictions in the include filter means that a file must satisfy at least one restriction to be included in the backup. Two or more filter restrictions in the exclude filter means that a file must satisfy any restriction to be excluded.
All filters with the Active box checked will be used by the current backup job. To disable a filter, just uncheck the Active box.
Filters on files and filters on folders must be created individually. If you use a file and a folder filter condition in the same filter, files will be filtered only if both filter conditions were met.
If you use a single filter for.jpg files and Temp folder, only the.jpg files from Temp folder will be filtered. If you use separate filters for files and folders, all.jpg files and whole Temp folder will be filtered.
You can manage filter restrictions using the buttons:
- Add include - this will open a new Filter Properties window from where you can add a new include restriction to the filters list.
- Add exclude - this will open a new Filter Properties window from where you can add a new exclude restriction to the filters list.
- Edit - will open the selected filter's properties window. You will be able to modify the selected restriction.
- Copy - this will create a copy of the selected filter.
- Delete - will remove the selected filter from the list of include or exclude filters.
- Change to include/exclude - pressing this button will change the type of filter from include to exclude or vice versa.