A continuous backup is a backup that will run every hour all day long, every day of the week without the user intervention. This can be done in Backup4all if we set a scheduled task to run daily and repeat the task every 1 hour for 23 hours a day. As a protection measure for the disk space used, we recommend the Smart backup type which will automatically delete older versions of the backup in order to fit in destination.
On this page:
How to configure the backup job
You will need to create a new backup job and configure a scheduler to run every hour.
Steps to follow:
- Open Backup4all and select File -> New (Ctrl+N).
- In the Where do you want to save the backup? section, select a backup destination.
- On the What do you want to backup page, add the backup sources. Press Next.
- On the Filter the backup sources page, you can set include/exclude filters for backup sources. Then press Next.
- On the How do you want to backup page, select the Smart backup type.
- On the When do you want to backup page, press Next.
- On the Personalize your backup job page, enter a name for the backup in the Backup name field.
- Press Save.
How to set up the scheduler for continuous backup
- Open Backup Properties -> Scheduler -> Add
- Set the user account information and press Next
- Press Add, select Daily and set the start time.
- Go to Advanced page and select “Repeat every” 1 hours for a duration of “23 hours”.
- Press OK and Save.
Backup4all 5.x - 8.x