Backup4all supports backing up to Google Cloud Storage. This is a practical backup destination because the backed up data can be easily accessed from any other computer with an Internet connection.
Use existing configuration
Use this option if you want to use an already defined Google Cloud Storage location in File->Options->Online connections->Google Cloud Storage. From the drop-down list, select the Google Cloud Storage location you want to use.
The advantage is that if you use the same Google Cloud Storage destination for multiple backup jobs and a modification is needed for destination, you can change only the Google Cloud Storage configuration from File->Options->Online connections->Google Cloud Storage and all backup jobs destinations will be updated.
Use this option to add a new Google Cloud Storage location or to edit an existing one by pressing the Edit configuration button.
Here you can see a listing of the Google Cloud Storage settings.
If you configured a new Google Cloud Storage location or you edit an existing one, you should use the Test connection button to see if the Google Cloud Storage settings are correct. If the test was successful, The Google Cloud Storage connection was tested successfully message will be displayed.
Once you press the OK button, Backup4all will try to connect to the Google Cloud Storage server to see if a backup catalog already exists on the destination. If the Google Cloud Storage destination is not available, a Cannot connect to the Google Cloud Storage server message is displayed in the status bar (bottom of the main window).
Google Cloud Storage configuration
This window is shown when selecting Edit configuration from the Destination->Google Cloud Storage window.
If you want to add a new Google Cloud Storage location, the <New> option should be selected. To edit an existing Google Cloud Storage location, select it from the drop-down list. All fields will be filled with the values of the selected Google Cloud Storage configuration.
- Access Key ID - In this field you have to enter the access key ID for your Google Cloud Storage account
- Secret Access Key - In this field you have to enter the Secret Access Key for your Google Cloud Storage account
- Region - select a region from the list, where your backups will be stored
- Bucket - In this field you need to enter the bucket to be used as destination. You can also create a new bucket if you type its name and press Create button. If you already have the bucket created outside Backup4all, please make sure you also select the correct region for it.
- Folder - In this field you have to enter the folder where you want to store the backups. If the folder does not exist, it will be created.
- Storage class - Select the storage class you want to use. You can choose between:
- Default - uses the default storage class configured in your Google Cloud Storage account
- Regional Storage - used to store frequently accessed data in the same region as your Google Cloud DataProc or Google Compute Engine.
- Multi-Regional Storage - used to store data that is frequently accessed ("hot" objects) around the world, such as serving website content, streaming videos, or gaming and mobile applications.
- Nearline Storage - used to store data you do not expect to access frequently
- Coldline Storage - used to store data you expect to access infrequently