About DAZ 3D Studio
Whether you're a 3D newbie or a 3D professional, you'll find DAZ Studio is the perfect tool for designing unique digital art and animation with virtual people, clothing, hair, props, animals, vehicles, backgrounds and more. Simply select your subject and/or setting, arrange accessories, setup lighting, and begin creating beautiful artwork.
How to backup and restore DAZ 3D Studio using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed and configured DAZ 3D Studio, it is troublesome to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up DAZ 3D Studio is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the DAZ 3D Studio plugin, will allow you to back-up the application log files and registry entries.
In order to backup DAZ 3D Studio, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: DAZ 3D Studio backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up DAZ 3D Studio. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article: https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the DAZ 3D Studio files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install DAZ 3D Studio and the DAZ 3D Studio plugin from here: DAZ 3D Studio backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the DAZ 3D Studio plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- DAZ 3D Library: C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library
- AppData DAZ files: %APPDATA%\DAZ 3D
- Registry: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1756089716-1438324975-3200291012-1001\SOFTWARE\DAZ