About XnView MP
XnView is one of the most stable, easy-to-use, and comprehensive photo editors. All common picture and graphics formats are supported (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, WEBP, PSD, JPEG2000, OpenEXR, camera RAW, HEIC, PDF, DNG, CR2).
How to backup and restore XnView MP using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure XnView MP, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up XnView MP is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the XnView MP plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup XnView MP, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: XnView MP backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up XnView MP. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the XnView MP files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install XnView MP and the XnView MP plugin from here: XnView MP backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the XnView MP plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- User setting files
- Registry settings