Tally is simple and designed to be used by people from non-IT and non-accounts background as well. Spending few minutes on insightful information can help business owners identify areas that require their attention.
How to backup and restore TallyPrime using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed and configured TallyPrime, it is troublesome to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up TallyPrime is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the TallyPrime plugin, will allow you to back-up the application log files and registry entries.
In order to backup TallyPrime, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: TallyPrime backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up TallyPrime. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article: https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the TallyPrime files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install TallyPrime and the TallyPrime plugin from here: TallyPrime backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the TallyPrime plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- TallyPrime files : %PUBLIC%\TallyPrime
- Registry keys: