Paint.net is more than just a program for viewing images. It's also capable of performing a fairly significant number of editing functions, which come packaged in an innovative interface. It's no Photoshop replacement, but we think it's a good choice if you need a way to view images and perform basic editing and correction tasks.
How to backup and restore Paint.net using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Paint.net, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Paint.net is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Paint.net plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Paint.net, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Paint.net backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Paint.net. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Paint.net files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Paint.net and the Paint.net plugin from here: Paint.net backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Paint.net plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- User setting files
- Registry settings