Lightworks has millions of adoptors worldwide due to the software being available across three platforms in Windows, Mac and Linux. The development of an open-source version was announced in May 2010. No source code of the program has yet been released.
How to backup and restore Lightworks using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Lightworks, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Lightworks is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Lightworks plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Lightworks, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Lightworks backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Lightworks. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Lightworks files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Lightworks and the Lightworks plugin from here: Lightworks backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Lightworks plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Program documents
- Plugin files
- Application preferences