About K-Lite Codec Pack
K-Lite Codec Pack Full is one of the most complete collections of codecs and related tools. It includes a lot of codecs for playing and editing the most used video extensions.
How to backup and restore K-Lite Codec Pack using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed K-Lite Codec Pack, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up K-Lite Codec Pack data is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the K-Lite Codec Pack plugin will let you back-up the registry entries.
In order to backup K-Lite Codec Pack, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: K-Lite Codec Pack backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up K-Lite Codec Pack. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the K-Lite Codec Pack files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install K-Lite Codec Pack and the K-Lite Codec Pack plugin from here: K-Lite Codec Pack backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the K-Lite Codec Pack plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- K-Lite Codec Pack registry entries