Inkscape can render primitive vector shapes (e.g. rectangles, ellipses, polygons, arcs, spirals, stars and 3D boxes) and text. These objects may be filled with solid colors, patterns, radial or linear color gradients and their borders may be stroked, both with adjustable transparency.
How to backup and restore Inkscape using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Inkscape, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Inkscape is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Inkscape plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Inkscape, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Inkscape backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Inkscape. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Inkscape files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Inkscape and the Inkscape plugin from here: Inkscape backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Inkscape plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information: