Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license. The program was written from scratch by Mean, but code from other people and projects has been used as well. Patches, translations and even bug reports are always welcome.
How to backup and restore Avidemux using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Avidemux, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Avidemux is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Avidemux plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Avidemux, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Avidemux backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Avidemux. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Avidemux files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Avidemux and the Avidemux plugin from here: Avidemux backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Avidemux plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Log files
- Local application files