The mirror backup type will create a complete back up on the first execution, putting each file into a separate .zip archive if the "Zip the files" option is selected in Backup Properties, on Mirror page. After the first execution, when running again the backup, only new and modified files will be backed up. It will overwrite in destination the old files with the new version from sources. Each source file will be put into a zip archive in destination.
On this page:
How to configure the backup job
- Open Backup4all
- Press New button to open the New Backup Wizard. Type a name for the backup job and select the backup destination. Then press Next
- On this page you can add the backup sources by pressing the Add folder and Add files buttons. When ready, press Next
- On the "How do you want to backup" page, choose Mirror backup type and select "Zip the files" option. Press Save -> Save and run
- In Explore View (F2) of Backup4all, we can see the backup sources.
Backup execution examples
We will perform several backup executions to see what we get in destination.
- As we have sources from C and D drive, after the first backup execution, we get in destination a folder for each source drive. Inside, each file is zipped.
- For the second backup execution we will add a new folder called "07" in backup sources on D: drive.
- After the 2nd backup execution we get in destination: the new "07" folder which is the second backup version
Backup4all 5.x, 6.x