You can quickly send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer by using WhatsApp for desktop. Aside the mobile app, they also offer a version that can be installed on your computer and you can seamlessly sync all of your chats to your computer so that you can chat on whatever device is most convenient to you. With Backup4all you can even back-up all the WhatsApp for desktop data.
How to backup and restore WhatsApp using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed WhatsApp, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up WhatsApp data is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the WhatsApp plugin will let you back-up the application folder and registry entries.
In order to backup WhatsApp, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: WhatsApp backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up WhatsApp. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article: https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the WhatsApp files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install WhatsApp and the WhatsApp plugin from here: WhatsApp backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the WhatsApp plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- WhatsApp folder - stored in %APPDATA%\WhatsApp
- WhatsApp registry entries - stored in HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-4127135719-2910590519-1903499359-1001\Software\Classes\whatsapp