It supports its native PEA archive format and other mainstream formats, with special focus on handling open formats. It supports 210 file extensions.
How to backup and restore PeaZip using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed PeaZip, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up PeaZip data is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the PeaZip plugin will let you back-up the registry entries.
In order to backup PeaZip, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: PeaZip backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up PeaZip. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the PeaZip files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install PeaZip and the PeaZip plugin from here: PeaZip backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the PeaZip plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Configuration files