Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad is written in C and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size.
How to backup and restore Notepad using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Notepad, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Notepad is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Notepad plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Notepad, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Notepad backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Notepad. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Notepad files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Notepad and the Notepad plugin from here: Notepad backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Notepad plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Local user files
- Registry settings