About JRiver Media Center
JRiver Media Center is the most comprehensive and seamless software available for managing and playing your media. Its scope includes almost all formats of audio, video, and images. Media Center can also record television and manage documents.
How to backup and restore JRiver Media Center using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed JRiver Media Center, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up JRiver Media Center data is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the JRiver Media Center plugin will let you back-up the registry entries.
In order to backup JRiver Media Center, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: JRiver Media Center backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up JRiver Media Center. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the JRiver Media Center files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install JRiver Media Center and the JRiver Media Center plugin from here: JRiver Media Center backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the JRiver Media Center plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Plugins folder
- Skins folder
- Stores folder
- TV folder
- Visualizations folder
- JRiver Media Center registry entries