Wireshark is the world's leading network traffic analyzer, and an essential tool for any security professional or systems administrator. This free software lets you analyze network traffic in real time, and is often the best tool for troubleshooting issues on your network.
How to backup and restore Wireshark using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Wireshark, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Wireshark is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Wireshark plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Wireshark, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Wireshark backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Wireshark. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Wireshark files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Wireshark and the Wireshark plugin from here: Wireshark backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Wireshark plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information: