SlimCleaner is a tool that you can use to boost your computer's performance level by getting rid of junk data.
In addition, you can take care of installed application (e.g. anti-malware, multimedia), web browsers, the registry (e.g. shared DLLs, file extensions, services, application paths) and others (e.g. Registry Editor, Windows Update, notification tray).
How to backup and restore SlimCleaner using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure SlimCleaner, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up SlimCleaner is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the SlimCleaner plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup SlimCleaner, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: SlimCleaner backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up SlimCleaner. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the SlimCleaner files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install SlimCleaner and the SlimCleaner plugin from here: SlimCleaner backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the SlimCleaner plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Application logs
- User application's folder
- Registry settings