It features an OpenGL-accelerated canvas, colour management support, an advanced brush engine, non-destructive layers and masks (similar to Adobe Photoshop), group-based layer management, vector artwork support and switchable customisation profiles. It is written in C++ using Qt and runs on Linux, macOS and Windows.
How to backup and restore SketchBook using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed SketchBook, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up SketchBook data is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the SketchBook plugin will let you back-up the registry entries.
In order to backup SketchBook, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: SketchBook backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up SketchBook. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the SketchBook files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install SketchBook and the SketchBook plugin from here: SketchBook backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the SketchBook plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Configuration files
- SketchBook registry entries