Signal messages and calls are always end-to-end encrypted and painstakingly engineered to keep your communication safe. We can't read your messages or see your calls, and no one else can either.
How to backup and restore Signal using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Signal, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Signal is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Signal plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Signal, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Signal backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Signal. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Signal files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Signal and the Signal plugin from here: Signal backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Signal plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Local data files
- User setting files
- Registry settings