ShareX can be used to capture full screen or partial screenshots, such as rectangle capture and window capture, as well as being able to record video using FFmpeg. Captured screenshots can be annotated and edited using the built-in ShareX image editor or modified using image effects and watermarks.
How to backup and restore ShareX using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure ShareX, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up ShareX is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the ShareX plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup ShareX, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: ShareX backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up ShareX. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the ShareX files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install ShareX and the ShareX plugin from here: ShareX backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the ShareX plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Licenses folder
- Registry settings