Save many hand moves and time! It's a small famous utility for Windows PC-s and also an USB-stick friend
How to backup and restore Q-Dir using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed Q-Dir, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up Q-Dir data is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Q-Dir plugin will let you back-up the registry entries.
In order to backup Q-Dir, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Q-Dir backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Q-Dir. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the Q-Dir files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Q-Dir and the Q-Dir plugin from here: Q-Dir backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Q-Dir plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Q-Dir favorites
- Q-Dir registry entries