Prey is a device management and reactive anti-theft solution with 10 years of experience in securing multi-OS phones, laptops, and tablets
How to backup and restore Prey using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure Prey, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up Prey is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the Prey plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup Prey, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: Prey backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up Prey. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the Prey files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install Prey and the Prey plugin from here: Prey backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the Prey plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Prey setting files
- Registry settings