MediaMonkey for Windows is a digital media player and media library application for organizing and playing audio on Microsoft Windows operating systems. By using plugins, it can be extended to handle video and other media formats as well.
MediaMonkey uses the freemium licensing model; the base program is available as freeware but a premium gold license unlocks additional features such as the ability to have multiple media collections, the ability to organize files automatically, and others.
How to backup and restore MediaMonkey using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure MediaMonkey, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up MediaMonkey is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the MediaMonkey plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup MediaMonkey, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: MediaMonkey backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up MediaMonkey. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the MediaMonkey files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install MediaMonkey and the MediaMonkey plugin from here: MediaMonkey backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the MediaMonkey plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Plugin files