MakeHuman is used as a basis for a lot of characters used in art of different styles and methods, like creation of comics and cartoons,animations, full scenes in Blender and other software or using only parts of the human body combined with technical or artificial elements.
How to backup and restore MakeHuman using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed MakeHuman, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up MakeHuman data is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the MakeHuman plugin will let you back-up the registry entries.
In order to backup MakeHuman, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: MakeHuman backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up MakeHuman. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the MakeHuman files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install MakeHuman and the MakeHuman plugin from here: MakeHuman backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the MakeHuman plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information: