The LibreOffice is a suite of office applications that include:
- Writer: A word processor with similar functionality and file support to Microsoft Word or WordPerfect.
- Calc: A spreadsheet program, similar to Microsoft Excel or Lotus 1-2-3.
- Impress: A presentation program resembling Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Draw: A vector graphics editor and diagramming tool similar to Microsoft Visio and comparable in features to early versions of CorelDRAW.
- Math: An application designed for creating and editing mathematical formulae.
- Base: A database management program, similar to Microsoft Access.
How to backup and restore LibreOffice using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed LibreOffice, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up LibreOffice data (themes and presets) is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the LibreOffice plugin will let you back-up the application log files and registry entries.
In order to backup LibreOffice, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: LibreOffice backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up LibreOffice. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article: https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the LibreOffice files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install LibreOffice and the LibreOffice plugin from here: LibreOffice backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the LibreOffice plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- LibreOffice theme files - stored in %ProgramW6432%\LibreOffice\help\media\icon-themes
- LibreOffice presets - stored in %ProgramW6432%\LibreOffice\presets