About KeePass Password Safe
KeePass stores usernames, passwords, and other fields, including free-form notes and file attachments, in an encrypted file. This file can be protected by any combination of a master password, a key file, and the current Windows account details. By default, the KeePass database is stored on a local file system (as opposed to cloud storage).
KeePass supports a number of plugins. It has a password generator and synchronization function, supports two-factor authentication, and has a Secure Desktop mode. It can use a two-channel auto-type obfuscation feature to offer additional protection against keyloggers. KeePass can import from over 30 other most commonly used password managers.
How to backup and restore KeePass Password Safe using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed KeePass Password Safe, it is a bit of a problem to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back-up KeePass Password Safe data is important and it will save you time compared to doing a backup manually.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the KeePass Password Safe plugin will let you back-up the registry entries.
In order to backup KeePass Password Safe, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: KeePass Password Safe backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up KeePass Password Safe. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:https://www.backup4all.com/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-kb.html
If you need to restore the KeePass Password Safe files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install KeePass Password Safe and the KeePass Password Safe plugin from here: KeePass Password Safe backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the KeePass Password Safe plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Configuration files
- KeePass Password Safe registry entries