IrfanView offers facilities to do all these things in one, small-footprint application. It has a clean and simple user interface so that it's not daunting for beginners, but behind that lies a very powerful and useful application.
How to backup and restore IrfanView using Backup4all plugin
After you install and configure IrfanView, you can back it up to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is why the plugin to back up IrfanView is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the IrfanView plugin, allows you to back-up the application data files and registry entries.
In order to backup IrfanView, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: IrfanView backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up IrfanView. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the IrfanView files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install IrfanView and the IrfanView plugin from here: IrfanView backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the IrfanView plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- User files
- Registry settings