IncrediMail includes features that are common among email clients, though one of them sparks an interest as they mention the fast email search tool takes "less than a second to search through 10,000s of emails". It's true that other desktop search tools (i.e. Google Desktop Search) pretty much do the same thing, but for IncrediMail you get that in the same package.
IncrediMail also features an advanced Address book, enabling you to create contact groups in convenient ways, see who your most popular contacts are and assign a picture to each of your contacts.
How to backup and restore IncrediMail using Backup4all plugin
Once you installed and configured IncrediMail, it is troublesome to move its settings on another computer or to re-configure it after re-installing your system. This is where the plugin to back up IncrediMail is important as it will save you time.
Creating a backup job in Backup4all using the IncrediMail plugin, will allow you to back-up the application log files and registry entries.
In order to backup IncrediMail, you have to follow these steps:
- Download and install the backup plugin here: IncrediMail backup plugin
- After you installed the plugin in Backup4all, define a backup job and run it to back-up IncrediMail. If you don't know how to install the plugin and run the backup, read this article:http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-download-install-and-use-backup-plugins-910.html
If you need to restore the IncrediMail files after a fresh system installation or on a different computer, follow these steps:
- Install IncrediMail and the IncrediMail plugin from here: IncrediMail backup plugin
- Open in Backup4all the .bkc catalog file from the destination.
- Press the Restore button and follow the wizard steps.
What information is backed up when using the IncrediMail plugin
The backup plugin mentioned above will add as backup sources the following information:
- Data : %programfiles%\IncrediMail\Bin\
- Identities: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\IM\
- Registry keys: